Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Quick Birthday Card

Wasn't it a beautiful day in Hilo today!?! Blue skies, the sun shinning, cool trade winds. Hope you had a wonderful day. If you didn't have a best-est day every, you still have a few hours to craft! So find something to craft and make tonight a spectacular night of crafting! =)

It's 6:20 pm and I just spent 20 minutes making this card. The entire day (9:30 am - a few minutes ago), I was working on my math (that's not even including class today!). Ugh too: re-taking tests, anti-derivatives, and reversing the chain rule. Yeah, I don't get it either! My brain hurts just thinking about it.

I had to whip up a birthday card for one of our friends (of course, her birthday is tonight and I waited till the last minute). I'm so glad for card websites! Giving me quick inspirations when I need to make the card NOW! You know what I mean?

Anyway, this card is simple to make:

Paper:
Bazzill Smoothies - Watermelon Sensation
Light Yellow Cardstock (yup, the same one from the other card, still don't know the name)
Doodlebug's Pink Lemonade Plaid

Stamps:
Hero Arts Ink n'Stamp - Sweets
Hero Arts Clear Stamps - Birthday Sayings

Emblishments:
Hero Arts Spring Flower Art
Green Ribbon
Brads

Other tools used:
Die Cutting System
Spellbinders Nestabilities - Small Deckled Rectangles
Memento's Dye Ink - Tuxedo Black and New Sprout

Now, off to waking up hunny, drag him down to Ben Franks, picking up a gift certificate, then head over to their house and having BBQ for dinner! YUMMY YUMMY FOR MY TUMMY! The birthday girl is into beading (is that what it's called...? I was going to say bead-making, but it's not bead-making. You know what I mean...the thing you use with bead to make jewerly). LOL! *Talk about brain-farts tonight! Sorry...

Have a great night!

No comments: